Sunday, September 21, 2008

Murphy's Law

Me and Murphy were quite close yesterday. I woke up early so I wouldn't look like I just got out of bed for a Sears repair guy coming to fix my dryer... Well, they called me a 9am to tell me that he called in sick, and they wouldn't be able to come until next Saturday. So, then I decided to go hike in the National Park. When I arrived at the trailhead, it was 71 degrees and perfectly clear, so I didn't pack the rain jacket, down vest, or fleece that I had in my car. I made it all the way to Bridal Veil falls and was sitting there eating my trail mix, when there was suddenly a CRASH of lightening and thunder, pouring rain, and hail. In the back of my mind, I remembered my friend Glenn had once performed CPR on someone who got struck by lightening on this same trail. So, I panicked and started to run back to the trailhead. After running about 1.5 miles, I realized that I was running with the storm, and it was clearing up behind me. So, I stood under a big pine tree and waited it out. By the time I got back to my car, I was soaked to the bone and freezing! Luckily I had packed a change of clothes. I headed up to the ranch, where they had an open bottle of wine and dinner waiting for me! Today, I'm spending the day sitting on my couch!
(Bridal Veil Falls)

The Storm...

FINALLY ON MY WAY HOME!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT story, Mel... glad you are safe though!!!

Beth

Anonymous said...

You are cracking me up!!! Glad you made it out of there without getting turned into a piece of bacon!!!
Lindsay